Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, March 5, 2011

When I look in the mirror...



I read about Five Minute Friday on my friend's blog yesterday, and I just couldn't shake the idea of answering this prompt, so I'm a day late.

When I look in the mirror, I see a woman struggling to be happy. I see someone who looks a lot older than I remember, but if I stare long enough, she looks younger than she feels.

I see the mother of three beautiful children, and the budding body that is housing baby #4. I see the wife that lives to make her husband happy. I see a feminist who is learning to embrace feminism from the point of view of wife and mother.

I see someone who really does struggle just to get out of bed everyday, who feels inferior to the general population of the planet, who would love to know how it feels to live a life on the other side of the looking glass.

1 comment:

EscobaRachel said...

i see an awesome person that i miss tons!!! love u!