Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

grieving

I have no way to sugar-coat this. We lost the baby. I went in for my 20-week ultrasound on Friday, Apr 1, and there was no heartbeat. I went to the hospital Thursday, Apr 7, to deliver our little angel. We already knew that we were having a girl, and we had already picked out her name, Bronwyn Leigh. I was able to see and hold her after the delivery, and I am so grateful for that. I really feel like it helped me to have some closure. The hospital also sent us home with a Memory Record that has all of her info on it (name, date of birth, height and weight), along with a little name bracelet, and her hand and foot prints. I hung it up in our bedroom where we can see it everyday.

I am so lost right now. I don't know what to say or do or feel. I wobble between grief and shock and anger. I feel so bad for my hubby because he doesn't know what to say or do or feel either. We believe that we will be reunited with our sweet Bronwyn again; that she will be waiting for us in Heaven. In some ways this helps me get through the day, but in other ways, it makes me angry that I didn't get enough time with her here on Earth. She will forever be a part of us, and maybe someday this loss will hurt less.

2 comments:

EscobaRachel said...

Shane, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know there are no words or anything anyone can do to make the pain go away. But please know that my prayers are with you.

Also, my sister when through the same experience a week before her due date with my nephew Rhys. If you would like I can put you in touch with her. She was put in touch with another lady who had been through something similar and it really helped her- if that is even possible. Please let me know.

I love you very much and you and all of your family have my support and love!!

Heather said...

Shannon I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!